Friday, January 13, 2012

Staff News Letter Jan. 16-20


Special congratulations to Mrs. Stoke for her Teacher of the Year award which she received last night at the Chamber of Commerce Awards Banquet at SUU.  It was a very nice banquet, and it was wonderful to see the tribute that was paid to her and to the teaching profession.  Great job Sonja!

With our Dual Immersion program coming online for next year I will begin sending out registration forms next week to our Kindergarten parents.  I have fielded several very good questions regarding the program from many of you.  Anytime something new comes around, it can cause a little anxiety.  I know I feel a little anxious as well because this is something new and unfamiliar to me.  I am absolutely committed to making sure this program works and am very excited to see students have this opportunity.  I hope parents will see the value in having their students involved.  Because we have made the commitment to do the Dual Immersion, I feel it is important that we all embrace it in a positive uplifting way and find ways for it to fit well within our current culture without drastically changing the way we do things.  There will be things that we will need to work through, but please be sure to support our teachers who have been good enough to accept this assignment.  It will be a lot of work for them.  For those who would like to pick up a little Spanish, Steve Greenhalgh will teach you all the quality words you need to know.

Ipads- Good news, we know how to get the AR App to work on your Ipads now.  If you will catch me when you get a little time, I will help set it up.  It takes few steps and then the IP Address needs to be put into the AR settings to allow the Ipads on the system. 

Thought: When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.  ~Victor Frankl

Have a fantastic LONG weekend!
  *Upcoming Schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment