Thursday, February 10, 2011

Staff News Letter February 14-18


It is hard to believe we are half way through February.  I appreciate all the help you have provided to make a few changes at break time.  It seems to have helped immensely to have students take their coats to lunch and having them come inform break using the outside doors.  I also hope that the school wide pledge is helpful to you in your classes to kick things off just as soon as the bell rings.

I know many of you cringe when you see the video camera in your classroom, but I am getting closer to having the video that I need to put the iMovie together.  If there is anything specific you would like me to video for the board presentation, please let me know.

I have scheduled April 5th as the day to finish the spelling bees in the various grade levels.  I will need the first and second place winners from the 4th and 5th grades to participate in the district spelling bee on April 8th at South Elementary.  I am waiting to hear back to see if they want a 1st and 2nd place winner from both 4th and 5th grades, or if they want 1st and 2nd place winners from a 4th and 5th grade championship.

Thanks for all the hard work you do.  I know that this is the time of year when we are buckling down with instruction, but take a little time to unwind along the way.

Thought: The most successful people are those who look at setbacks as opportunities for comebacks.  Mind Gym p.45

Have a fantastic weekend.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment