Friday, January 17, 2014

Staff News
1/12-1/24

I hope you are all excited for the upcoming extended weekend.

I would like to thank all those who have turned in the dates that their grades established for the 2-hour MLK Day make-up.  Please notice on the calendar that Feb. 10th will be the 2-hour make-up that we will do as a school.  I have made arrangements with Fred Rowley to do a Go Math training.  We will then have time to put together math curriculum based on the training.  Mary, Tifani, Carol, and Brandon attended Go Math training for our school this week.  If you have questions about Go Math, please visit with one of those who attended to see if your question was discussed at the training.

I hope you are all integrating Close Reading and that the upper grades are looking at the SAGE practice that was e-mailed out.  Those two items will have a huge impact on how our students learn and their ability to perform well on the Sage.

Thanks for all of the incredible work you do for all of our students.

Thought: “I am enough of a realist to understand that I can’t reach every child, but I am more of an optimist to get up every morning and try.”  (Preston Morgan) Quoted by Steve Sherman 

Have a fantastic LONG weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment